Something about me – first and foremost, you should know this about me. I hate photos of myself and I hate to talk about myself. But here I am, writing about me with a photo of me on the page. Go figure… I will try to make it short and sweet. The photo of me was taken by my friend, Doris Dickenson Photography while we were out shooting together shortly before my chemo started.
So what is a Lifestyle blog? A lifestyle blog is best defined as a digital content representation of its author’s everyday life and interests. I have been blogging off and on since 1998 and never knew, until lately, that there was a name for my kind of blog. A few years ago, I got more serious about photography and wanted to share my photos. Thus, my blog became a photo & lifestyle blog. Why moosetique? When I first started to blog, I blogged about Maine and the wildlife up there. When you live in Maine and like wildlife, you just can’t help but write about moose. 🙂 So I named the blog moosetique (like antique only with a moose).
A few more things about me:
- My name is Gladys. I have never liked that name but it is the one that I am stuck with, so I deal with it.
- I am an ambivert. That means that I am not either an introvert or extrovert–I fall right in the middle of the introvert, extrovert spectrum. Why that matters – I don’t know. I just thought that I would throw it in there.
- I can’t start my morning without coffee.
- I am kind of a scaredy-cat when it comes to certain things. Traveling without reservations, traffic, meeting new people, etc. I guess it is the unknown that bothers me. I am trying to get over that. Sometimes, I succeed and sometimes, not so much.
- I am a Pennsylvania native but Maine became home for me in the 70’s. When finally reaching retirement age, Mr. B and I sold our home and moved aboard our 42′ trawler. Mr. B loved it! Me – not so much. I wanted a house that didn’t rock in the wind.
- In 2011, we purchased a home in North Carolina near the coast. Why North Carolina? Not very much snow in the winter.
- I am a mom of three grown children and grandma to a beautiful granddaughter.
- I am a three-time cancer survivor. Breast, melanoma and endometrial.
- Mr. B & I recently purchased a 5th wheel camper. Remember, that I said I wanted a house that didn’t rock in the wind. That last bout with cancer (2016) has convinced me that a sticks & brick house isn’t everything. Good lord willing, we are planning on doing a lot of traveling while we are able.
- As the late Steve Jobs said, “just one more thing”. Can you tell that I am an Apple fan? My one more thing is that I don’t look like that photo anymore. My hair is growing back after chemo and it is VERY short. It is also gray. Thank goodness, I am a woman of a “certain” age. I think I will leave it gray.
This blog is a potpourri of my photographs, travels, recipes, rants and raves, and more. Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss any of the posts or photos.
Want to know what I use for camera gear?? – Click HERE